Already have a Username/Password for Fennia - International Journal of Geography?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- I confirm that the manuscript has been submitted solely to this journal and is not published, in press, or submitted elsewhere.
- I confirm that all the research meets the ethical guidelines, including adherence to the legal requirements of the study country. The ethical guidelines of Fennia are in line with the Academy of Finland guidelines on research ethics: http://www.aka.fi/Tiedostot/Tiedostot/Julkaisut/Suomen%20Akatemian%20eettiset%20ohjeet%202003.pdf
- I confirm that I have prepared (a) a complete text and (b) complete text minus the title page, acknowledgements, and any running headers of author names, to allow blinded review.
- The maximum length of 10,000 words is not exceeded (without prior consultation with the Editor)
- The English language of the manuscript is of adequate quality (professionally edited for those with English as a second language)
- There is a max 300 word abstract, where objectives, methods, results and conclusions are clearly presented
- The general structure of the manuscript (incl. headings) follows the guidelines
- The referencing is based on the Harvard system and follows the details (e.g., punctuation, italicisation) given in the guidelines
- Figures and tables are of adequate quality and are submitted separately from the text in correct format
- The submitted text and the attached file properties are anonymous to ensure the integrity of the blind peer-review. For instructions of how to this, see http://ojs.tsv.fi/index.php/fennia/help/view/editorial/topic/000044
Authors who publish with Fennia agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The online submission system works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, while Internet Explorer does not guarantee to process the whole steps of the manuscript submission. We apologize for this technical inconvenience.